Thursday, August 11, 2005

August 11

Nine days. Over fifty people have arrived. The mill is getting more crowded with each passing day. Our group has been fairly fortunate so far as far as sleeping arrangements go. We have been assigned a section of the attic for the six of us. There are two (I think) long sections of the mill, which used to have three sections standing. Now there are only two. One is the main building which is attached to a barn which Cesta has converted into a theatre space.

There are two main stretches of attic over-top of a two-story building. Our section is bisected by a stairwell and there are 3 groups all sleeping on that side. It is quite noisy over there morning and night. What is it one of the organizers said? "There is always one loud one." Something like that. And that ONE woke me this morning.

But still, we are well situated and our group quite quiet. Little tip-toes in the night and the rattling of plastic bags. The attic looks like a tent city now, as we all have draped sheets over rope to create an illusion of privacy.

Along with the crowds it is getting more difficult to access an internet location to write as well as upload photos to the blog. I hope to get that organized for tonight, as it seems that the blog may be part of our presentation.

On the ninth our group met - except for me - and created a little installation in the wood room. I think it was a good project and it seemed to pull the group together. Later I felt like I had missed an opportunity to collaborate. We will be meeting again today. Yesterday I went back to visit Czeske Krumlov.

I wanted to get away from the crowds at Cesta. I have been told that the early arrivals withdraw from the crowds as they begin arriving, and I can see myself doing that. I try to resist the urge to sneak out at breakfast and pretend not to see somebody coming out of a corridor, making a run for the exit. I am not alwazs so successful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we made a golem of pillows today.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home