Tuesday, August 09, 2005

August 9

It's amazing to realize that I have been here for one week already. Things are starting to feel like home -- the weather feels like October in Vancouver. Last night, I woke-up freezing and I had to put on my sweater and pants over my pajamas. Yesterday I bought an army surplus jacket and today I think I may buy a tooque (and mittens).

More artists and guests are arriving, and Cesta is getting pretty full. In the morning now, there are about 20 people milling around the 5 great long tables in the dining hall. I kind of miss the quiet mornings where I would drink my coffee alone and stare out at the neighbour's chickens. It is such a fantastic view. From this window, you look out over the barn and the long row house that intersects the mill. I think I find this is my favourite aspect of Tabor. The way building are bisected or divided into suites. Pieces of fencing are pulled together from chicken wire, bed springs, iron works. The is not much in the way of wood fencing.

Anyway, from the window you can look out at the garden where the old couple grow gladiolus and watch the chickens scratch around. There is an old German Shepard who guards the chickens. In the morning the old man comes out and puts his coffee in the windowsill and smokes. After, he feeds the chickens and then rests on his bench watching the glads. When I sit at this window I think that I could continue to sit at this window for the rest of my life.

Back to the work part. Well. It is hard going. We have finished the rounds of what you want to do? what do you expect? and I don't see any cohesive plan or any coming together of ideas. One member wants to run around in a costume and get filmed, another wants to cast objects in plastic and tape, another wants to create a procession, another wants to help everybody do their work and another wants to not participate in the project at all. And me? I am leaning towards the latter. I find the meetings exhausting, and I would rather be in Berlin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it yesterday that we worked all together for the fist time at the woodhouse_?almost alltogether
it was fun,it turned out to be a church,
i usually hate churches ,but this one is really messy so it seems funny.
i made a wooden costum.
it looks like a hawaian one!
the most funny thing it was that people were building things and all of a sudden everything colapsed!no stracture at all... !
i had the idea to draw spirit monuments.its funny you say something and everybody interpretates in a different way!
i thing i see everything funny today!strange

6:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm more than happy to discover this web site. I wanted to thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to see new information in your site. craigslist portland

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home